Saturday, March 5, 2011

Keeping a Food Log

Okay, I really, REALLY thought this was a dumb idea back in the day. Turns out that it really does tell a lot. You can learn so much from keeping track of these things: Your weight, your measurements, what you eat, how many ounces of liquids you consume daily, and the time of day you eat.

For example, by keeping a food log, I learned that I can eat chicken for one meal a day and steak for the other, BUT... If I eat chicken for lunch and steak for dinner, I don't lose weight. If I eat steak for lunch and chicken for dinner, I lose 1/2 a pound by morning.

Another surprising fact is that I learned I can't eat after 6 pm if I want to lose weight by morning. In addition, ground beef causes me to stall in my weightloss or slightly gain by causing me to retain water weight.

Try keeping a food log and see what you can learn. I've lost 42 lbs since last April, with 32 lbs of the 42 lbs being lost since mid-November 2010. I'm always learning and hope you can, too. You have nothing to lose but the weight.  :)

4 comments: