Sunday, January 16, 2011

Yummy, but not bad for you breakfast - For maintaining weight, not losing

I love this recipe, but I'd swap the regular english muffin for Orowheats whole wheat english muffin or the small, round, thin sandwhich breads. On the side, instead of hashbrowns which are very starchy, have a cup of berries, a cup of melon, an apple, or a grapefruit.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/grab-go-breakfast-sandwich-63765.aspx

Nutritional Information is on the link. Remember, you're not worrying about fat. The goal is to keep your sugars at no more than 15 grams per day and no more than 6 servings of carbs. As a reminder, one serving of carbs is 1 20 grams, 21 - 40 grams is 2 servings, 41 - 60 is 3 grams. Even if your meal is 21 grams of fat, it counts as two serving, no cheating!

When did eating healthy ever look this good? Sure doesn't look like health food, or taste like it, does it?

I'm gonna have green tea with my breakfast, as I do most mornings. My hubby will probably have his black coffee. You can always use a little Almond Milk and Stevia as a sweetener. Avoid the juice. There's lots of sugar in it. In addition, if you find a low or non-sugar juice, you're having an artificial sweetener which is bad for you.

For a mid morning snack, I'm gonna have a small handful of walnuts or almonds.

For lunch, we're planning on having pizza & salad. Then for dinner, we're thinking sirloin steaks and salad with cheesecake for dessert.

Could you eat that way? If so, follow this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything posted. I am, admittedly, an eggaholic, so egg whites are what's best for me, especially for my mushroom omelettes. My nickname in school was "mouse", so giving up on cheese is VERY hard. I seriously don't think I can completely ween off of that, but I try to keep in mind that white cheese in general is healthier. Mozzerella sticks, however, may contain higher sodium so I try to watch those nutrition labels, as I do with everything else. It's important what we put into our bodies. I am a type II diabetic, complete with pills & 2 types of insulin, so I should be on a much stricter diet, but I figure that your tips & recipes will help steer me in the right direction. I've not been following doctor's orders for the past few months now & have dodged the doctor in the past, but your blog should help me get the new year going with inspiration. Thanks for all your help, Amy:)

    ReplyDelete